Paramedics Australasia (PA) has a formal mechanism to receive and consider applications for research support from either individuals or groups of researchers looking to undertake investigations in respect to one (or more) of the three PA research themes (Paramedic Education, Clinical Efficacy, Professionalism).
Research support requests may be made for: Financial Support (grants are generally, but not always, limited to a maximum of $5K per project), Data Access, In Kind Support, Publishing Support or Assistance with the circulation of research materials e.g. online surveys.
Applications for research support from PA involves the following:
- The first step in the process is to download and fill out the PA Research Support Application Form 180811.
- Once completed this document should be sent in both a hard copy (personally signed by the applicant) and soft copy (CD) format addressed to PA Research Grants via the Corporate Office (Box 173, 585 Lt Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000; or email firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
- Upon receipt of an application the lead investigator will be notified of this by email and also provided with a contact name and details for any enquiries regarding the process.
- All applications for research sponsorship are considered by an expert panel who make a recommendation in relation to the application, a process which may take up to a few weeks to conclude (depending upon the complexity of the application/research).
- If the application has been successful, an email will be sent to the lead investigator with a set of Terms & Conditions that outlines both PA’s and the research teams obligations in relation to any sponsorship approved.
- If an application is unsuccessful an email will be sent to the lead investigator outlining the reason/s why.
- No requests for support will be actioned until a copy of all relevant ethics approval/s (where required) has been provided to PA.
3. Progress Reports
- In relation to large scale research and investigations that are undertaken over a long period of time, investigators may be requested (at PA’s discretion) to provide a progress report to the PA research agenda.
- If required this information may either be submitted via an email or specific proforma as provided by PA.
4. Closure Report
- Once a research project has concluded the lead investigator is to notify PA that this has occurred.
- Depending upon the scope of the project and the type/amount of support provided by PA, this may be requested via an email or specific proforma as provided by PA.
- Information that may be requested includes, but is not necessarily limited to: a project summary, financial expenditure v’s grant budget summary, overview (not detail) of the project outcomes, publication details & feedback in relation to the PA support provided
If you have any enquiries about the scientific agenda or making an application for research support, please submit these to the PA Corporate Office via email at email@example.com