Paramedics are set to become the 15th Australian profession in the scheme, regulated by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA) and joining the ranks of health professions including medical, dental, nursing and midwifery.
The landmark agreement was made on 6th of November at a Health Ministers’ COAG (Council of Australian Governments) meeting attended by all state and territory Health Ministers’. Paramedics Australasia, the leading member organisation representing a significant number of the 13,000 strong Australasian paramedic workforce have applauded the development. Paramedics Australasia has been advocating for national registration for the paramedic profession over many years and has been driven by the goal of safe and effective out of hospital care for the Australian public.
PA continues to speak for the profession on this very important matter and engage with practitioners, employers, educationalists and all levels of government.
Read more about the registration of paramedics in Australia through:
Latest News on Paramedic RegistrationRegistration News
- Regulation and registration of New Zealand paramedics approaches 24 November 2016
- Paramedic registration – now the real work begins! 27 October 2016
- Paramedic Registration in New Zealand: Where are we up to? 1 September 2016
- National registration of health practitioners in Australia 25 August 2016
- Response publishes latest update on Paramedic Registration 17 June 2016
- Paramedics Registration Project: Bulletin 2 18 April 2016
- Paramedic Registration Reference Group 7 April 2016
- Paramedic Registration Project Bulletin 31 March 2016
- Paramedic Registration: Frequently Asked Questions (Issue 1) 4 December 2015
- PA joins with APA and NCAU in a joint media statement to support paramedic registration 29 November 2015